Margaret Gowen & Co Ltd
Margaret Gowen & Company Limited is a professional practice of archaeological consultants, project managers and surveyors offering a comprehensive range of services to private sector and state clients drawn from development agencies, engineering, architectural design and planning consultants, local authorities, government departments and semi–state bodies.
The company has a significant reputation as a leader in commercial archaeological practice and planning mediation for heritage and development. It is recognised as one of the most innovative and technically proficient archaeology companies in Ireland. It has its foundations in the early 1980s work of its founder, Margaret Gowen, but has since grown to a large practice.
- Environment and Cultural Heritage Impact Studies
- Planning consultancy and mediation
- Archaeological Excavation and Project Management
- Geophysical Survey
- Environmental Archaeology
These activities encompass:
- All stages of development planning and project realisation
- Focus on risk management and mitigation by design
- An extensive and integrated knowledge base with experience in wide range of urban and rural development contexts
- Efficient management of technical functions and costs